Who doesn’t love granola? Our recipe is a great little healthy snack on its own, or you can put it over yogurt, ice cream, or whatever milk you like to drink. Either way, you’ll get the flavor of apple pie while you’re enjoying the health benefits of oats, chia seeds, nuts, and apples.
If you have other favorite mix-ins such as coconut, chocolate chips, or dried cranberries, feel free to add them in!
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, dry, and core apples. Slice apples as thinly as possible and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle apples with 2 tsp cinnamon.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Flip apples and bake for another hour. (The longer they stay in the oven, the crispier they get!)
- When the apples are done, remove them from oven and allow to cool.
- Turn the oven to 300 degrees F and reline a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, walnuts, pecans, chia seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Stir maple syrup and coconut oil together and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Spread granola evenly on the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Break apple chips into small pieces. Mix chopped apple chips into granola.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight jar or container.