Fall is upon us, and that means it’s time to break out your slow cooker and whip up some cozy recipes! One of our favorite beverages to snuggle on the couch with is hot apple cider.
We think the best apples to use in a cider are our sweet, tart Honeycrisps. Make this delicious cider for the perfect Fall afternoon!
- Peel, core, and quarter apples and place in slow cooker. Peel orange and add to slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, and salt to slow cooker.
- Add enough water to cover fruit.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Using a potato masher, crush all the fruit into small pieces.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Using a mesh strainer, separate the solid pieces of fruit from the cider.
- Serve warm or chilled. Leftover cider will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days.