Move over zucchini bread, there’s a new fall favorite in town. This dense, delicious bread is perfect with your morning cup of coffee or as an afternoon snack. We love using spicy and sweet Bosc pears for this recipe—and it’s the perfect time of year to enjoy them!
- Grease two 9×5 loaf pans and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly combine flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Stir in pears and walnuts.
- Pour batter into pans and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.