Our apple tart recipe is simple and totally delicious. Outside of the apples, there’s a good chance you already have the rest of the ingredients already in your pantry. If you’re in the mood for a dessert that’s not too sweet and looks completely elegant, this recipe fits the bill perfectly. It’s also easy to make. We promise, even those new to the kitchen will have a hard time messing up this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron or oven-proof skillet, heat 3/4 cup sugar, stirring until it’s liquefied and golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and remaining sugar. Arrange half the apples in a single layer in the skillet. Sprinkle with half the sugar mixture.
- Arrange the other half of the apples over the sugar, and then sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Place any remaining apples over the top to make it level. Dot with butter.
- Roll out pastry into an 11-inch circle. Place over apples, pressing gently to cover. Do not flute.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until apples are tender and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.